I had really high hopes that GenCon would have been better this year compared to last because of the icky guy. My spot should have been an awesome spot, but it seemed like when people turned the corner they never even saw my booth. It was utterly disappointing, I can’t justify the expense if I can’t even make back my booth fees. So, I won’t be returning next year.
If I do ever make it back, I need to start thinking about getting a small dealers booth on the floor & get out of the Art Show.
The highlight was spending time with my friends. Talking with my artist friends kinda got the creative juices in my brain pan churning, I have a lot of drawing to do a head of me. Hopefully it’ll result in lots of new work.
Next year the GenCon art show is going to have a radical change, it will now be a juried show. There are a few local shows I’m going to do instead, IF Flashback Weekend isn’t on the same day as Wizard World Chicago I’ll try and do both of them, if not then it’ll only be Flashback. (If I can get in).
So yeah, Goodbye GenCon see you in a few years (maybe).
Today & the rest of this week: unpack, reorganize boxes & art, do laundry & list left over art on my *NEW* store: http://conniefaye.storenvy.com
Coming up in November: Possibly CECE Annex, Home for the Holiday’s Craft Show & WindyCon Chicago.
34 days till GenCon… 25 Days to finish all of the work I’ve been working on.
• I’m currently working on a painting that, till I actually started painting it was turning out really nice, then the board started falling apart. I’m desperately trying to make it work, so much went into the line work, that starting over isn’t an option.
• I started ‘The Chase‘, still need to refine the line work then it’ll be ready to paint.
• I have a little goth girl character my friend Holly’s daughter ‘Gabby’ that I really want to get done.
• I’d like to do some Game of Thrones Fan Art if there’s time.
• I’d like to have another sketchbook to offer again this year but… I’m not sure that’s going to happen.
• Since I have a large booth again this year I need to buy more frames to bring a whole bunch more art – last year I didn’t bring enough and had to put prints up on my wall.
Once I’ve finished the painting on the bad board I’ll post progress shots, and a little back story about the board and how Crescent really stepped up to keep a long time customer happy.
I now have a tumblr acct and seem to post there quite a bit these days. http://conniefaye.tumblr.com/ (it also cross posts to my twitter)