34 days till GenCon… 25 Days to finish all of the work I’ve been working on.
• I’m currently working on a painting that, till I actually started painting it was turning out really nice, then the board started falling apart. I’m desperately trying to make it work, so much went into the line work, that starting over isn’t an option.
• I started ‘The Chase‘, still need to refine the line work then it’ll be ready to paint.
• I have a little goth girl character my friend Holly’s daughter ‘Gabby’ that I really want to get done.
• I’d like to do some Game of Thrones Fan Art if there’s time.
• I’d like to have another sketchbook to offer again this year but… I’m not sure that’s going to happen.
• Since I have a large booth again this year I need to buy more frames to bring a whole bunch more art – last year I didn’t bring enough and had to put prints up on my wall.
Once I’ve finished the painting on the bad board I’ll post progress shots, and a little back story about the board and how Crescent really stepped up to keep a long time customer happy.
I now have a tumblr acct and seem to post there quite a bit these days. http://conniefaye.tumblr.com/ (it also cross posts to my twitter)
CYPHAN is next weekend (July 29-31) I’ll be there Saturday & Sunday (due to my husbands schedule I won’t be able make it on Friday unless we can figure something out).
I will have Limited Edition prints of the badge art at my table. The prints will ONLY be available at this show, once the show is over the prints will be no longer available. If you’re interested in owning the original (which we are hoping to get signed), it will be auctioned off at The Chicago Entertainment Collectors Expo’s Grande Finale Show in September, all proceeds from the sale of this painting will go to The Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation.
This is my last week to get painting and artwork done, then next week is putting together new merchandise and working in photoshop.
Last peek of my current painting, which I’m thinking of naming after the ELO song ‘Yours Truly’. I know most people aren’t going to ‘get it’, but I think it totally goes along with the theme of the painting.
It seriously needs a pop of color, I’m thinking of painting her hair white and giving her a red dress. I have a little more to paint before I actually get to working on those two things so I’ll let it roll around in the brain pan a bit longer.