34 days till GenCon… 25 Days to finish all of the work I’ve been working on.
• I’m currently working on a painting that, till I actually started painting it was turning out really nice, then the board started falling apart. I’m desperately trying to make it work, so much went into the line work, that starting over isn’t an option.
• I started ‘The Chase‘, still need to refine the line work then it’ll be ready to paint.
• I have a little goth girl character my friend Holly’s daughter ‘Gabby’ that I really want to get done.
• I’d like to do some Game of Thrones Fan Art if there’s time.
• I’d like to have another sketchbook to offer again this year but… I’m not sure that’s going to happen.
• Since I have a large booth again this year I need to buy more frames to bring a whole bunch more art – last year I didn’t bring enough and had to put prints up on my wall.
Once I’ve finished the painting on the bad board I’ll post progress shots, and a little back story about the board and how Crescent really stepped up to keep a long time customer happy.
I now have a tumblr acct and seem to post there quite a bit these days. http://conniefaye.tumblr.com/ (it also cross posts to my twitter)
Not really but it’s a breath of fresh pixels compared to how stale and boring WoW had become. So you can probably guess there’s going to be lots of SWTOR fan art of my character coming soon.
Here’s a little doodle of her I did the other day.
Also in the works:
Soon I should be receiving that skate deck I ordered sometime in December, so be on the look out for progress pictures of that. I have a few portraits on my table I’ve been working on (most likely a video will be shot during painting), and… Final Twilight is getting a reboot and I’ll be doing a few cards for that as well.
Also hopefully I can get on the Hobbit sketch card list. *crosses fingers* But we’ll have to see my last dealings with Topps wasn’t that great, but I love Lord of the Rings / Middle Earth / especially drawing Gandalf. *sigh*
I’m thinking about completely overhauling my galleries. That itself is a HUGE undertaking. *sigh*
I hope the new year has been good to everyone.
Today is my cat’s 21st. birthday.
Happy Birthday Vern