I started this bag about a month or so ago… the one I had been using was Pat’s, he brought it home from his old job. They always get freebies from their distributors, and he needed it back to carry his stuff with him on the train to work. I had been looking on ebags.com (at this one
) for a replacement, but either they were too expensive, too small with the right amount of pockets, or too large with not enough pockets. My only alternative was to make it myself. I probably spent about 45.00 in materials (used a 40% off coupon from Hobby Lobby
) each time I needed to buy leather). This was definitely a learning experience, I have learned just how important it is to have the proper foot
on your sewing machine in order to sew leather. Too many times I was so close to tossing my sewing machine into the street. @_@ and that was all because I was sewing with the wrong foot on my machine.
The finished project:
I’m currently working on 5 cards for the Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation, this is one, but will also be a full blown painting. Hopefully I get it done before my show at the end of the month… I have no new work since the craft show in June. @_@